Sazeracs for Mardi Gras
An simple recipe for Sazeracs, the official cocktail of New Orleans
The official cocktail of New Orleans, a delicious Sazerac is a great way to celebrate Mardi Gras (or any occasion, really). Here's a recipe we like.
Source: Sazerac House
- Fill an Old-Fashioned glass with ice.
- In a second Old-Fashioned glass, add the sugar cube and three dashes of Peychaud's Bitters. Crush the sugar cube with a muddler.
- Add 1.5 oz Sazerac Rye Whiskey (or your favorite Rye Whiskey to the glass with the bitters and sugar. Add ice and stir.
- Empty the ice from the first glass and coat the glass with .25 oz Herbsaint (some recipes use absinthe, if you'd prefer). Discard the remaining Herbsaint.
- Strain the whiskey, bitters, sugar mixture from the glass into the Herbsaint-coated glass and garnish with a lemon peel.