An easy-to-follow recipe for refreshing Mojitos
Mojitos are refreshingly sweet cocktails practically made for warm weather. They're the perfect summertime refreshment, and making them is a breeze! Here's a simple, delicious recipe for mojitos. Feel free to amend it as you see fit to suit your tastes. Cheers!
- 10 fresh mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum (see options below)
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass. Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice. Pour the rum over the ice, and fill the glass with club soda. Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired.
- Garnish with the remaining lime wedge and a sprig of mint.