Professional mixologists have long created cocktails using Baileys because the smooth, creamy liqueur pairs perfectly with an array of other spirits. In fact, with eleven flavor varieties available, there are dozens of delicious recipes you can use to make Baileys cocktails.
Are Baileys and Kahlua Interchangeable?
Baileys and Kahlua both complement a freshly brewed cup of coffee, but there are distinct differences between the two liqueurs.
Baileys is creamy and derives its taste from cream, cocoa, and Irish Whiskey. Kahlua is dark without the creaminess of Baileys and is made with 100 percent arabica coffee, rum, and sugar.
While acceptable, swapping out Baileys for Kahlua in a cocktail recipe will produce quite different taste results.
Rich and Delightful Baileys Cocktails
From aperitif to dessert, Baileys Irish Cream cocktails are a luscious addition to any meal, celebration, or gathering. Best of all, these four recipes are quick and easy to make. And even easier to love.
Baileys Chocolatini—Shaken, Not Stirred
Irresistible to any chocolate lover, a Baileys Chocolatini is a heavenly way to prime your palate before a wonderful dinner.
2 oz Bailey’s Original Irish Cream
.25 oz Smirnoff® No. 21 Vodka
.25 oz Godiva® Chocolate Liqueur
- Combine Baileys with vodka, chocolate liqueur, and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake ingredients together.
- Strain into a martini glass and enjoy.
Baileys Flat White Martini Cocktail—Love That Java Jive
When you’re more about coffee than cocoa, try this Baileys Flat White Martini Cocktail.
1.5 oz Bailey’s Original Irish Cream
.75 oz vodka
.75 oz espresso
3 coffee beans for garnish
- Set aside coffee beans and pour Baileys, vodka, espresso, and ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake all ingredients together in the shaker until your cocktail is smooth.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with coffee beans. Cheers!
Baileys Strawberry & Cream Colada—Berry Smooth
Combine the flavors of fresh strawberries and coconut to create this charming concoction that will transport your taste buds to the tropics.
1 oz Bailey’s Strawberries & Cream
1.50 oz. Coconut rum/vodka
- Combine Strawberries & Cream with Coconut rum/vodka and ice and blend until thick and smooth.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and relish the flavors of summer.
Baileys White Russian—After Dinner, There’s Nothing Better
A smooth, coffee-flavored cocktail featuring Baileys Espresso Crème Liqueur? Yes, please…with a cherry on top!
1.5 oz Baileys Espresso Crème Liqueur
.5 oz Smirnoff Vodka
.25 oz Coffee liqueur (optional)
2 oz milk
- Combine all ingredients together with ice in a glass and stir.
- Garnish with Maraschino Cherry.
When you consider all the wonderful possibilities and flavors, you’ll never look at Baileys the same way again. For more Baileys Irish Cream recipe ideas, feel free to reach out to us today.